The Remington 700 is a bolt-action rifle that is popular among hunters and competitive shooters. The .308 Winchester cartridge is a common chambering for the 700, and it can be loaded using the same methods as any other bolt-action rifle.
To load the rifle, first make sure that it is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction. Then, insert a magazine or single round into the magazine well. Next, pull back on the bolt handle and release it to chamber a round.
Finally, close the bolt and engage the safety before proceeding.
- Make sure the gun is unloaded
- Check the chamber and magazine to ensure there are no rounds present
- Open the action by pulling back on the bolt handle and locking it into the open position
- Insert a single round of ammunition into the chamber, being careful to align it correctly with the groove in the barrel
- Close the action by pushing forward on the bolt handle until it locks into place
- For a right-handed shooter, place your left hand under the stock near where it meets the receiver, and cup your right hand around the pistol grip so that your thumb is resting atop the safety lever (in its “safe” position)
- Apply pressure to both sides of the stock near where it meets the receiver while simultaneously depressing the release button just above and behind the trigger guard with your trigger finger; this will allow you to pivot open or remove the stock from the receiver assembly 5b For a left-handed shooter, do everything mirror image from what is described here for a right-handed shooter
- Place your right hand under…etc 6
- Grasping only The fore-end of The gun (so as not to touch The trigger), cock The hammer all The way back And let It fall Forward slowly To avoid damage To The firing pin 7 If You have A scope Mounted On Your rifle: Look through The scope And make Sure That You Can See Through It Clearly 8 Should You need To clean Your gun: Unload It First (Steps 1 Through 4) then Take Apart Only As Far As Needed To Get At What Needs Cleaning
Firearm Safety: How To Load and Unload a Bolt-Action Rifle With Janis Putelis
How Many Rounds Does a Remington 700 Hold?
Assuming you are referring to the popular Remington 700 bolt-action rifle, it typically has a magazine capacity of 4 rounds. Some variants may hold 5 or 6 rounds.
What is the Best Ammo for a Remington 700?
There is no definitive answer to this question as the best ammo for a Remington 700 will depend on what you intend to use it for. However, some popular choices include Winchester Super-X 150 Grain Power-Point Ammo and Federal Premium Vital-Shok Trophy Bonded Tip Ammo. If you are looking for an all-purpose round that can be used for hunting or target shooting, then either of these would be a good option.
Is the Remington 700 a Sniper Rifle?
The Remington 700 is a bolt-action rifle that was introduced in 1962. It is chambered for the .308 Winchester cartridge and is also available in other calibers, such as the .223 Remington, .22-250 Remington, and .270 Winchester. The rifle has been used by military snipers and law enforcement personnel, as well as by civilian shooters.
The Remington 700 is often considered to be a sniper rifle because of its accuracy and long range capabilities. The rifle is equipped with a telescopic sight, which allows the shooter to see targets at long distances. The rifle can also be fitted with a suppressor, which helps to reduce the noise of the shot.
Is the Remington 700 Still Good?
In short, yes the Remington 700 is still a good rifle. It has been around for over 50 years and has proven to be a reliable and accurate platform. The 700 is available in many different calibers and configurations making it a versatile rifle for hunting or target shooting.
There are also many aftermarket parts and accessories available for the 700 making it easy to customize to your specific needs.
If you’re a hunter or target shooter, there’s a good chance you own a Remington 700. The Remington 700 is a versatile rifle that can be used for both hunting and target shooting.
It’s also a popular choice for law enforcement and military snipers. If you’re new to the world of firearms, loading a Remington 700 may seem like a daunting task. But don’t worry, we’ll walk you through the process step-by-step.
To load a Remington 700, you’ll need: • A box of .308 Winchester ammunition • A magazine (if your rifle is equipped with one)
• A clean cloth or paper towel (for wiping away any grease or fingerprints) First, make sure your firearm is unloaded. Double-check the chamber and magazine to ensure they are empty.
Once you’ve verified that your gun is unloaded, it’s time to start loading ammunition into the magazine (if your rifle has one). Most magazines will hold 5 rounds of .308 ammo. Once the magazine is full, insert it into the bottom of the receiver.
Make sure it clicks into place so it doesn’t fall out when you fire your gun. Now it’s time to cock the bolt and load a round into the chamber. To do this, pull back on the bolt handle and release it so it snaps forward.
You should hear a “click” as the round is chambered. Finally, flip up the safety catch so your gun is ready to fire. And that’s it!